Just in time for Halloween here are 10 things you may not know about Halloween and especially Halloween candy.
Did you know 96 per cent of Americans think sharing seasonal treats is a great holiday tradition.
Did you know?
- Most people enjoy chocolate and candy two to three times per week, averaging 40 calories per day – including at holidays like Halloween.
- Candy corn and chocolate are American’s top two favourite Halloween treats.
- 85 per cent of Americans who give out candy for Halloween choose miniature treats.
- Nearly 90 per cent of parents report they have a plan to help their children make informed choices about treats at Halloween.
- Almost 80 per cent of parents say they enjoy some of the treats their children collect on Halloween night.
- 96 per cent of Americans think sharing seasonal treats is a great holiday tradition.
- 93 per cent of people agree that chocolate and candy can be part of a happy, balanced lifestyle.
- 94 per cent of Americans believe that chocolate and candy make holidays like Halloween more fun.
- The confectionery industry generates USD 35 billion in retail sales per year, which includes Halloween treats. In 2018, the Halloween season totalled about USD 4.5 billion in chocolate and candy sales.
One confectionery manufacturing job supports ten other American jobs in related industries.