This year’s Packaging and Beyond Conference, which takes place on 27 and 28 June will present an array of exciting topics.
The conference programme will involve the likes of representatives from Boxmore Packaging , Nielsen South Africa, PWC and more.
David Drew, the chief commercial officer at Boxmore Packaging will start proceedings on the first day with an engaging talk on sugar tax. He will outline sugar tax ramifications on the South African packaging industry.
Esti Prinsloo, the director for consumer insights at Nielsen South Africa will talk about innovation in a shifting landscape. Packaging adoption strategies driven by changing consumer behaviour will also be presented. This will encompass:
- The role of packaging in creating awareness and how breakthrough designs drive stand out
- The importance of packaging for the purchase decision: consider, try, switch
- Why packaging is the dark horse of marketing and how to improve your design process
Dr Gary Paul, a partner and director at PwC will highlight innovation and design for the #Changingdigitalage
Paul’s presentation will encompass:
- Staying ahead of the millennial curve!
- How millennials are changing the way brands approach their packaging
- Creating innovative packaging that wins over generation Y and Z
- The key to creating packages for millennials: what does this brand say about me? How can this brand be customised to me? Is this exclusive and high-end packaging? Who else is using it #Digital Age
- Understanding what millennials are looking for?
- How to maintain loyalty when young people are always looking for the next best thing
- Why social media can be your friend and your enemy and how to listen
- The importance of creating an ‘experience’ for the consumer
- How millennials buy things and how to keep up with them
Please note pricing has been decreased and starts at R2 500 pp (one day) or R4 250 pp (both days). For IPSA, Packaging SA or Plastics|SA members it’s R2 000 (one day) and R 4 000 (both days).