Skillcraft is synonymous with Ingco tools, the local hardware industry, and is celebrating its 30th birthday this year.
With humble beginnings to a ground-breaking journey, Skillcraft has moved to front and centre by pioneering the Ingco brand in South Africa, despite the unforeseen effects of an ever-changing economic climate.
Skillcraft was founded in 1991 by Peter Roodt and George Angelos as a general wholesaler mainly for industrial resellers.
In 2013 Angelo Angelos, George’s son joined the business as operations manager. He later became sales manager. Another big business change came in late 2016 when Peter retired and George and Angelo bought Peter’s shares in the business. Angelo then became the company’s managing director.
Angelo has brought with him a new way of thinking and a new dynamic to Skillcraft. Angelo says, “Ingco is a game-changing brand, offering high quality and low price. In tough economic times, this is a godsend.”
A contractor can now buy three industrial rotary hammers instead of one and can run three jobs at the same time. For the retailer, Ingco represents excellent sales with excellent profit margins while still giving the consumer a high-quality product at a DIY price. In addition, it’s not just about showcasing and selling a range of products in your store. “We ensure that we are actively adding value to your customers through well planned and executed activations and marketing campaigns”, says Angelo.
Why choose Ingco?
- Ingco is the right product for South Africa. ‘Professional tools made affordable’ is a value proposition that every consumer is looking for
- Ingco gives the retailer a profit margin per square metre that is hard to beat
- High quality Ingco tools means minimal returns, less admin and, most importantly, satisfied customers
- Skillcraft takes pride in the aesthetics of the Ingco brand in your store. Every stand concept is customised and maintained to your store requirements through an expert retail marketing and merchandising team
- Ingco is a versatile brand that covers 17 major categories including power tools, hand tools, air tools, power tools accessories and measuring tools
- Ingco is the leading global brand in markets outside of the USA and Europe and it is on its way to becoming the leading brand in South Africa.
Angelo has surrounded himself with a great team of people that are taking his vision to market. He is fully supportive and encourages a culture of innovation and communication. Says Angelo, “Product knowledge is important in the industries which we serve, and we are proud to say that our combined experience exceeds 260 years.”
Ingco is going to the top and beyond. Grab the opportunity and join us on this once-in-a-generation journey. We look forward to walking this path with you for the next 30 years.