On 1 July, Acacia Specialty Chemicals (Acacia) was appointed the official distributor for Guanghzou Tinci Materials Technology Company (Tinci), marking its expansion into personal care and cosmetics. Acacia will represent Tinci throughout the South African market and in neighbouring African countries.
Since 2008, Acacia has been supplying speciality products to the food, agriculture and industrial market sectors throughout southern Africa. The company has well-developed infrastructure with warehousing and distribution facilities in all major centres in South Africa. The addition of a personal care division aligns with Acacia’s strategy to supply its customers with a broad range of quality speciality products.
An innovative product range
Tinci produces a wide variety of personal care raw materials, covering the skin, hair and oral care segments. It also offers a small range of cosmetics preservatives. The following products are carried as ex-stock items:
- Anti-dandruff agent (Zinc Pyrithion 48 per cent)
- Carbomers (hair gels, hand sanitisers, clear gels, oral care and body washes)
- Cationic guar conditioners (Guar Hydroxy Propyl Trimonium Chloride 13S, 14S)
- Cationic conditioners (Polyquaternium 7, 39, 47)
- Cationic cellulose conditioners (Polyquaternium 10)
- Traditional emulsifiers (Ceteareth 6, 20, 25)
- O/W emulsifiers (Polyacrylamide C13-14 Isoparaffin and Laureth 7)
- Mild surfactants (Cocoamidopropyl Betaine 30 percent and Di Sodium Cocoamphodiacetate,)
- Natural methyl glucoside (PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate and PPG 20 Methyl Glucose Ether)
- Preservatives (Cathon 2.5 percent, DMDMH)
- Suspending stabilisers (Acrylates Copolymer)
- Silicones (volatile, water soluble, phenyl, amino and transparent).