Entries are now open for the Santam Women of the Future Awards 2020 in association with Fairlady and True Love.
Santam, Fairlady and, for the first time this year, Truelove Magazine, have partnered up in the search to find the best female entrepreneurs in the country.
Best women entrepreneurs
If you have just started out or have been running your own business for a while, now is the time to enter this prestigious competition. Also new to the awards this year is our co-sponsor, Lulalend, who are all about providing fast and easy finance for your business.
“We’re proud to say that this is the sixth year that Fairlady has partnered with Santam to recognise, celebrate and award the best women entrepreneurs in South Africa. This year, it’s more essential than ever before: COVID-19 has had a devastating effect on our South African economy, and at Fairlady and Truelove we believe that it’s the untapped smarts, resilience, creativity – and sheer brilliance – of South African women that will lead us forward,” says Fairlady Editor Suzy Brokensha. “Five years as a judge have taught me that South African women are an economic force to be reckoned with, and this year, more than ever, I look forward to being astounded by what they have come up with.”
Says Truelove editor, Mbali Soga: “I attended the Women of the Future Awards for the first time in 2019. When Fairlady editor Suzy Brokensha stepped to the podium and made this profound statement, “When you empower a woman, you empower a nation”, I couldn’t have agreed more! That is why I’m proud to be collaborating with our sister brand Fairlady this year, I believe that together we can make an even bigger impact.”
Still in business
Santam understands that the first 1000 days of running your own business are the hardest. They believe that if you’re still in business by day 1001, you’re in it for the long haul. Santam’s many years of supporting women in business in South Africa have given them real insight into potential pitfalls on your entrepreneurial journey.
Entrepreneurs can enter one of three categories and win incredible prizes:
• The Santam Woman of the Future title is awarded to an entrepreneur aged 30 or older whose business is older than 1000 days and who is well on her way to creating an empire.
• The Santam Rising Star title is awarded to an entrepreneur between 16 and 30 years old who is still within her first 1000 days but whose business, our judges believe, will flourish way beyond them.
• The Santam Social Entrepreneur title is awarded to an entrepreneur making a real difference in her community. Aged 30 or older, her business has survived the first 1000 days.
The prizes awarded to the three winners are: R80 000 in cash to the Santam Woman of the Future • R50 000 each, in cash, to the Santam Rising Star and Santam Social Entrepreneur.
All the winners will also walk away with:
• A PR package worth R10 000 from Lulalend
• A luxurious beauty hamper worth R5 000 from Estée Lauder
• Business printing worth R5 000 from Lithotech