A masterpiece of cement engineering
AfriSam All Purpose Cement is the result of careful research and development by our cement technicians. It is a specially blended high-quality cement for use in all structural, building and masonry applications and possesses the following properties:
• Reduces heat of hydration in mass concrete.
• Improves concrete’s resistance to chemical attack, including sulphate, chloride and soft water.
• Makes concrete highly resistant to alkali-aggregate reaction.
• Reduces permeability of concrete in water-retaining structures.
• Is easy to work with and produces consistently excellent results every time.
This consistent quality, versatility and proven strength make it the choice for builders, architects, engineers, contractors and DIY enthusiasts.
AfriSam quality guaranteed
AfriSam stakes its reputation on consistently high-quality products and our All Purpose Cement is no exception.
• AfriSam manufacturing facilities are ISO 9001 certified.
• We have the highest possible Quality Management Systems.
• AfriSam All Purpose Cement fully complies with the SANS 50197 cement specification for common types of cement.
• The composition of the cement is constantly monitored and maintained to guarantee high-quality performance in the 42,5N MPa strength class.
AfriSam All Purpose Cement produces durable concrete, mortar and plaster that will remain strong for years. It can be successfully used in any application where high early strength is not of primary importance. Its long-term strength is consistent with types of cement in the 42,5N MPa strength class.
The choice for every job
AfriSam All Purpose Cement offers consistent strength, workability and durability, making it ideal for the following applications:
• Brick and block making.
• Reservoirs and swimming pools.
• Precast operations.
• Mining applications.
• Structural concrete.
• Plaster, mortar and shotcrete.
Tips for storage
• Store in a dry enclosed area.
• Store off the floor on a wooden pallet or plastic sheeting to prevent moisture absorption.
• Keep doors and windows closed to eliminate airflow.
AfriSam All Purpose Cement is available at reputable merchants in areas where AfriSam is supplied. Please contact our customer service department for the location of your nearest stockist.
Health and safety
Occupational exposure limits to cement are recommended in the Occupational Health and Safety Act and summarised as follows:
• The recommended limit for total inhalable dust is 10mg/m³ and the respirable recommended limit is 5mg/m³.
• Direct skin contact for extended periods can result in severe burns.
• Suitable attire should be worn to prevent dust inhalation and direct skin contact.
A detailed Safety Data Sheet is available on request.
Behind every bag of cement are AfriSam’s unique and highly developed sales support, technical service and supply infrastructure. This is to ensure that each of our customers can rest assured that every bag is of the highest quality. Our fully-equipped laboratory is run by qualified technicians who are ready to assist with specific requirements.AfriSam is committed to sustainable development
AfriSam is committed to sustainable development. As such, we strive towards:
• Legal compliance at all times.
• Optimal use of natural resources.
• Waste reduction.
• Reduced use of fossil fuels.
• Minimising environmental degradation and pollution.
• Employee training and stakeholder engagement.
To enable consumers to make informed purchase decisions, all AfriSam bags now reflect the carbon rating of each product.
Delivering on quality in a responsible way
Through our commitment to sound environmental stewardship, we offer high-quality products and customer peace of mind.
So all you need to do is…