Inspired by the abundant riches that come from the baobab, BaoCare is a range of 100% pure and natural skin care serums formulated with baobab oil as its foundational hero ingredient. BaoCare has entered this range in the 2020/2021 P&C Review / Symrise New Product Competition.
Each BaoCare product combines organic wild harvested baobab oil with natural plant extracts that are known for their skin-healing properties. These expertly blended skin care solutions also contain essential oils that are known for their beneficial aromatherapy properties.
Baobab oil is a rich amber-gold oil cold-pressed from the small brown seeds found within the fruit pod of the baobab tree. The oil has a unique fatty acid profile with exceptional quantities of Omega 6 and 9. These essential fatty acids are known to maintain elasticity, soften and smooth the skin and naturally regenerate new skin cells. Baobab oil has been clinically proven to deeply moisturise and hydrate the skin as well as reduce trans-epidermal water loss.
There are six products in the range:
- BaoCare Radiance is a rich, luxurious blend of botanical oils that smooths, softens and plumps up skin, giving it a satiny finish and naturally radiant glow. Radiance is made with certified organic baobab oil which deeply moisturises, hydrates and absorbs rapidly without leaving any oily residue. Jojoba oil supports youthful elasticity and softness, while pomegranate is known to protect skin against UV light keeping skin dewy and supple. Pure natural botanical oils create a warm yet light and delicate feminine fragrance.
- BaoCare Nourish Tissue Oil is made with certified 100% organic baobab oil and vitamin E and is fragranced with natural essential oils. It’s specially formulated as a deeply nourishing oil for very dry and damaged skin. This skin serum penetrates deeply to feed the skin and absorb quickly without leaving an oily residue.
- BaoCare Soothe is formulated with natural moisturising baobab oil, calendula and schizandra botanical extracts, all known for their anti-inflammatory properties. Together, these natural ingredients offer gentle yet potent relief for dry skin conditions associated with eczema and psoriasis. This serum helps relieve the dryness and itchiness of stressed, sensitive and hyper-reactive skin.
- BaoCare Clear is a gentle yet effective remedy for skin flare-ups of all kinds including teenage problem skin and adult spots. This natural skin care formulation contains high levels of linoleic acid, known to help balance oil production in problem skin. BaoCare Clear is a blend of baobab oil, tea tree, calendula and evening primrose. The product is fragranced with pure natural essential oils, creating a fresh, clean synergy for oily skin.
- Think of BaoCare Baobab Oil as the multi-tasking mother of all botanical oils. IT consists of organic wild-harvested baobab oil with a drop of natural vitamin E. This rich golden-amber oil has its own light slightly nutty, warm natural fragrance and has been clinically proven to hydrate and moisturise skin, absorbing quickly without clogging the pores.
- BaoCare Baby Oil is ideal for baby’s fine, delicate and soft skin. This baby oil is made with the gentlest plant-based ingredients, perfectly formulated with baobab oil, green rooibos, and other mild floral botanicals to give your baby’s skin all the nurturing, tender attention it needs, all over.
The range is available in a 50ml amber glass bottles with a spray nozzle (RRP between R152 and R182), and 10ml glass amber bottles with a dropper (RRP between R37 and R47) at all good independent health shops and Wellness Warehouse. The products are also available online, on the Faithful to Nature and BaoCare websites. You can also connect with and follow BaoCare on Facebook and Instagram.
The BaoCare promise
All BaoCare products are free from synthetic chemical ingredients, parabens and mineral oils. This range of synergistic combinations optimises baobab oil’s innate skin healing properties taking it to another level of skin care.
While our 100% organic pure baobab oil has enough impressive and unique qualities to stand on its own, it also blends beautifully with other skin-enhancing ingredients, which have been carefully selected for the BaoCare range. The healing synergy created by combining these ingredients with select essential oils results in skin solutions which work on multiple levels.
A culture of caring
BaoCare is as much about the natural skin care solutions they’ve created as the people who help to produce their range and the environment from which they source their raw materials.
The certified organic baobab oil is responsibly and sustainably wild-harvested in the Limpopo, the heart of baobab country by EcoProducts, South Africa’s first and only baobab producer. EcoProducts employs mostly women from Venda communities in the area. EcoProducts also runs the Baobab Foundation, which sources funding to support pre-school creches and the Baobab Guardians Program, a baobab tree planting initiative.