Entries for the second Black and Decker DIY Guru Search, in collaboration with Grand Designs Live, are now open.
As the headline sponsor of Grand Designs Live this year, Black and Decker encourages the uptake of DIY in line with the show’s theme of ‘Responsible Living’. Prospective DIY Gurus are encouraged to fashion their projects for this year’s competition around this theme.
Having a beautiful, functional and comfortable home improves one’s quality of life. In the current climate of increasing economic pressure ‘doing-it-yourself’ becomes a great way to make your house into a home and a solution for a productive and financially sound way to spend leisure time. This DIY trend is fast gaining traction both locally and globally.
The DIY aficionado who submits the most innovative and inspiring DIY project, made using Black and Decker, Stanley or DEWALT tools will win an amazing hamper worth R12 000. In addition, this DIY master will be given the opportunity to present their project at Grand Designs Live at The Ticketpro Dome in Johannesburg between 20 and 22 May 2016. There will be a fortnightly Black and Decker prize for the best entry and these semi-finalists will qualify for the grand prize. The final closing date for DIY project submissions is Friday 13 May 2016.
How to enter:
1) Use power tools to enhance your home, upcycle an object, or create something unique that reflects the Responsible Living theme. (Take pictures along the way)
2) Post your pictures on Facebook at www.facebook.com/GrandDesignsSA, using the hashtag #BlackDeckerDIY
3) Email your pictures to [email protected]
4) If this is simply all too complicated and time consuming, but you would still very much like to stand a chance to win a Black and Decker hamper worth R4 000 to get your DIY career kick started, simply post a selfie with a family heirloom Black and Decker tool and a caption explaining its heritage on Facebook (see 2) using the hashtag #BlackDeckerHeritage. The winners for the #BlackDeckerHeritage selfie competition to be announced on the 13th May 2016.
5) For more information, go to www.granddesignslive.co.za
Grand Designs Live is a leading contemporary home, design and garden show, which now brings stylish yet accessible home renovation and design solutions to South African consumers each year. The Black+Decker brand was first launched in 1910 and is known throughout its history for innovative engineering and for introducing many world firsts into the market. Some heirloom Black+Decker tools will be exhibited at the show.
Black+Decker tools and household appliances contribute towards living in a responsible manner, saving money with DIY projects which are a creative way to spend leisure time or saving time cleaning up or preparing meals.