World-leading probiotic skin care brand, Esse launched its Resurrect Serum in September and it recently entered the serum in the P&C Review / Symrise 2021 New Product Competition.
Created for sensitive and sensitised skin, the Resurrect Serum harnesses the power of probiotics and biotechnology to provide high-level hydration and anti-wrinkle effects. The serum promises to reduce fine lines and firm and lift the skin.
Resurrect Serum takes its name from the Namibian plant, Myrothamnus flabellifolia, which is commonly known as the resurrection plant. The plant grows in the Namib – the oldest desert in the world. Its nickname comes from the plant’s unique ability to resurrect itself in a matter of hours after it has been dried out – even if it has not seen a drop of water for many years. The resurrection plant has high polyphenol content and is a potent protector against free radicals.
A study of 20 women has shown that extracts of the resurrection plant rapidly improves skin hydration and the effect lasts for 24 hours after a single application.*
Innovative skin care technology
The Resurrect Serum formula, developed by Esse founder and biochemist, Trevor Steyn, contains bakuchiol and gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA).
Bakuchiol is hailed as ‘retinol without the side-effects’ and is extracted from Indian babchi seeds. It stimulates the three key processes associated with retinol, but without the associated sensitivity. The results are wrinkle reduction, improvements in skin firmness, prevention of future damage and reduction in the symptoms of problem skin.
GABA is an amino acid that provides vital nutrients to the skin which help accelerate cell turnover and the rebuilding of support structures. It fights, rather than causes, inflammation and nourishes irritated skin to help even out the appearance of discolouration and redness.
These actives, together with one million tyndallised probiotics per millilitre are housed in an aloe gel base with prebiotics to feed microbial diversity and improve barrier function.
Key active ingredients:
- Hyaluronic acid hydrates and plumps to reduce the appearance of fine lines.
- Probiotic lysates that contain anti-microbial peptides (AMPs) to shift the skin’s microbiome to a more balanced state.
- Tyndallised probiotics to improve barrier function.
- Bakuchiol – a clinically-compared natural alternative to retinol but without the sensitivity. It leaves skin firmer, reduces lines and improves elasticity.
- GABA relaxes facial muscles and reduces fine lines.
- Vitamin B5 promotes wound healing, improves barrier function and ameliorates skin irritation.