For the first time in quartz history, an outdoor surface made to weather any storm. The Caesarstone Outdoor Collection is a breakthrough combination of high durability and UV resistance for outdoor luxury. It is the perfect starting point for your external kitchen or entertaining area. Here are five things you should think about when designing your outdoor kitchen:
1. Start at the beginning: Think of your outdoor space as a room without the structural envelope of a house around it. Start planning by listing all the activities you would like to take place outdoors, including mealtimes, hobbies, and even relaxing with a good book. What type of entertainer are you, and what does your perfect outdoor evening look like with friends and family? Consider additional appliances like a smoker, pizza oven, or side burners.
2. Be inspired: If you’re short of style ideas, your previous travels can be a great place to start. Dive through your photo albums to search for inspirational décor elements. Restaurants, terraces and cafés, and rooftop bars can provide references for materials and designs. Also consider the practical items such as a refrigerator or beverage cooler, a sink with hot and cold-water access – essential for food prep and clean-ups – and storage for those outdoor kitchen essentials.
3. Year-round entertainment: Seasons can be unpredictable, and the key to an outdoor space lies in durable materials. Caesarstone’s Outdoor Collection is proven to perform in high summer temperatures and the cold lows of winter – offering the ultimate reliability. A great idea would be to add a fire pit for warmth and ambiance during cooler evenings.
4. Living pantry: Make the most of your outdoor cooking space by planning an area for growing your herbs. These will look gorgeous, spilling down from their pots and being close to flavour all those delicious dishes. Not only will your herb garden add aesthetic value, but think of the gorgeous aromas wafting gently across your outdoor kitchen as the kids play in the swimming pool.
5. Alfresco always: Creating a welcoming open space with decking and a bar will bring people together. Install adequate ambient lighting so you don’t have to retire as the sun goes down and the party starts. Incorporate task lighting over cooking and prep areas to ensure safety and functionality after dark.
Available in three versatile colours, 405 Midday, 406 Clearskies and 515 Palm Shade, the world’s premium surface will elevate your next braai or pool party. Just as Caesarstone pioneered quartz surfacing in 1987, the brand continues to lead the industry’s innovation.