Michael Howells started Display Mecca in 2000 with five employees. In 15 years, they have grown to a staff complement of 55.
Looking back over the last 15 years, Michael shares some key milestones in the growth of the company:
- 2000 Company opened in 2000 by Michael Howells
- 2004 Craig Howells joined Display Mecca
- 2007 Purchased Mega Display
- 2008 Purchased their own building in Boksburg
- 2012 The Display Group soccer team was launched
- 2013 Initiated team building events in the company
- 2014 Moved into the retail sector of the market with their own DIY products – to this end Peter Linford was employed as Retail Sales Manager
- 2015 Staff complement of 55 and growing.
Howells was asked what he attributes the growth and success of the Display Group to which he replied, “Passionate and caring staff with a complete understanding of the business from the factory floor to the client’s premises – added to the investment in equipment, warehousing and factory upgrades and turnaround times.”
The equipment investment includes an upgrade of machinery to C&C operated equipment – essentially software programmable machines saving time and ensuring pinpoint precision. An upgrade to the powder coatings plant is planned where gondola racking and shelves will be powder coated in a separate factory whilst all other powder coating will take place in the existing premises. This will ensure that during the busy year end period powder coatings will all be done in-house and not have to be outsourced, which is both costly and time consuming.
The Display Group also boasts exceptional turnaround times as the company carries stock of their generic display stands. Between 1500 and 1700 generic stands are manufactured each month and this means that generic stands and slightly modified custom stands can be delivered within five to seven days, way quicker than the industry norm.
The capacity of the Display Group is now at a level that any client, no matter how big, will get their display and shelving requirements shortly after ordering.
For more information contact Dean Howells 076-994-0499