The use of precast hollow-core concrete slabs has a number of benefits:
- More efficient than cast-in-situ construction as it eliminates the need for back-propping and allows other trades access beneath the slabs immediately, significantly speeding up construction times.
- Time savings almost always result in cost savings for the client.
- Preferable to beam-and-block construction as large areas can be covered and no structural topping is required.
- Products are manufactured off-site in a controlled environment and to strict quality standards, giving a far better guarantee of accuracy and performance.
- The high-quality finish on the soffit of the slabs means that no additional false ceilings are needed beneath them, eliminating another possible project cost.
- Elematic SA’s professional designers and engineers are able to work closely with other project professionals to design and deliver the optimum solution at an affordable cost. Clients are assured of a solution tailored to their specific needs rather than a one-size-fits-all approach.
- Elematic’s precast hollow core slabs are among the most advanced precast concrete products in the industry.
- We offer a full spectrum of services from design and manufacturing to transport and installation.
- Products can be used in a wide variety of horizontal and vertical building and engineering applications.
- Fast turnaround and construction times can save our clients time and money.
- Elematic’s technology produces precast pre-stressed hollow-core concrete slabs of excellent quality – this is truly a world-class product!
Elematic SA’s state-of-the-art production facility on Gauteng’s East Rand is ISO 9001 certified and all our products carry the SABS mark of quality. We have also won several awards from the Concrete Manufacturers Association of South Africa.