After almost a year of the COVID-19 lockdown Sir Fruit juice company is helping South Africans keep their immune systems as strong as possible with its new Immunity Booster Shot.
The shot is packed with only the good stuff to keep you healthy throughout the period of COVID-19 and thereafter.
Cold pressed juices
Using a combination of cold pressed juices, extracts and added vitamins, the shot comprises of cold-pressed orange, apple, ginger, turmeric and lemon, and is filled with a good dose of Echinacea and vitamins to ensure each health shot is packs a punch. Each 100ml shot contains:
• 16% RDA Vitamin B3: Helps convert food into energy, keeping the nervous system and skin looking healthy.
• 24% RDA Vitamin B5: Like other B vitamins, Pantothenic Acid helps your body obtain energy from food and is also assists in hormone and cholesterol production – much like liver, fish, yogurt and avocado.
• 35% RDA Vitamin B6: Helps the body use and store energy from protein and carbohydrates in food and form haemoglobin – the substance in red blood cells that carries oxygen throughout the body.
• 25% RDA Vitamin B12: Perhaps the most well-known of all the B vitamins, B12 is vital for neurological function, DNA production and red blood cell development.
• 100% RDA Vitamin C: Helps to protect cells and keep them healthy. It supports the maintenance of healthy skin, blood vessels, bones, cartilage and aids in wound healing.
• 166% RDA Vitamin D: Helps maintain normal blood levels of calcium and phosphorus, which strengthens bones, teeth and muscles.
Playing a part in the pandemic
“The idea for this shot came about at the start of lockdown. We were talking about how we could help South Africans be as healthy as possible and specifically what we could do to play our part during the pandemic. We all agreed that getting the correct nutrients and a sufficient amount of these was an important part of building up people’s immune systems. So we set about developing a health shot with as much good stuff in as possible” says head of marketing, Roanne Goldsmith.
Sir Fruit’s Immunity Shot will retail from R21.99 and is available at top grocers nationwide and for home delivery online at www.sirfresh.co.za.