As a manufacturer and distributor of PPE products, Pienaar Bros has been deemed an essential service and will remain open during the lockdown.
Due to the spread of the COVID 19 virus in South Africa and in an effort to slow the spread of the virus in South Africa, a “state of disaster” was declared by President Cyril Ramaphosa in terms of Section 7 (21) of the Disaster Management Act, No. 57 of 2002 (“the Disaster Management Act”).
In terms of this act, a lockdown was declared from midnight on 26 March 2020 until midnight 16 April 2020.
Pienaar Bros is committed to remaining open and servicing the critical needs of its customers.
It takes the safety of our staff extremely seriously and therefore the following has been implemented:
· Only the bare minimum of staff required will be physically present at the branch. Support staff will be home based.
· All employees must follow a strict hygiene protocol.
· All staff members will arrive to work, and leave work in their personal protective gear provided by the company
· All staff will maintain a distance of 1.5m from each other and avoid gatherings between tea and lunch breaks
· The bare minimum requirement for staff members will be hand gloves, face masks and in some areas a disposal overall will be required.
Contact Pienaar Bros’ centralised Covid-19 representative if you have any further queries – Ray Backhouse on 061 239 6531.
The company wishes its customers well over this extremely difficult time an thanks them for their cooperation and commitment to fighting the COVID 19 virus.