Placecol, one of South Africa’s leading skin care brands, has entered its newly formulated Illuminé range into the 2016 Pharmaceutical & Cosmetic Review/Symrise New Product Competition.
The upgraded range includes 27 powerful active ingredients, such as peptides and Retinol, along with Myramaze, Volunage and Luminescine. Myramaze is extracted from Myrothamnus flabellifolia, an indigenous resurrection plant that is capable of surviving long periods without water in a completely desiccated state. After being exposed to rain it undergoes a resurrection-like process and becomes green again within a few hours. When used in cosmetics, Myramaze revives mature skin and protects skin lipids from oxidation. Volunage is derived from the Peony Root (Paeonia albiflora) and is rich in oligosaccharides, which increase skin’s thickness and volume. Luminescine, derived from the Great Mullein Flower (Verbascum Thapsus), brings is new technology in skin radiance to the Illuminé range.
Products on offer
The Placecol Illuminé range of skin care products includes:
- a cream cleanser that gently removes waste and skin impurities
- a foam cleanser to effectively cleanse skin while preserving its moisture
- an anti-oxidant mist with a toning action which restores the skin’s pH balance
- a power firm serum that offers anti-ageing benefits and assists in improving collagen synthesis
- a firming day moisturiser enriched with a special blend of active ingredients
- a rich firming day moisturiser for intense hydration
- night restructure moisturiser with a blend of anti-oxidants and retinol
- neck and décolleté lift to firm and tighten the skin
- eye lift, offering an ultra-hydrating treatment for the eye area
- luxurious reviving oil treatment packed with anti-oxidants, vitamins and minerals
- firming masque with algae extracts to provide an immediate tightening effect
- SPF 25 that assists in protecting skin from UVA and UVB rays.
Anti-ageing innovation from Iceland
Apart from its own locally developed and manufactured range of skin care products, Placecol also distributes the Bioeffect range, which is developed and manufactured in Iceland. Its latest offering, the Bioeffect EGF Day Serum, will also feature in the New Product Competition as an individual entry.
This advanced serum is specifically developed for daytime use. It delivers multiple anti-ageing benefits with good moisture, while providing a smooth finish, perfect for applying makeup. Bioeffect EGF Day Serum promises to deliver:
- denser and firmer skin
- reduced appearance of wrinkles
- restored skin elasticity
- reduced pore size
- younger-looking complexion.