The organisation, which is recognised worldwide, is considered by many as the most stringent standard for organic certification.
‘We feel the standard covers many of the important things to our business. We are very comfortable with its strict requirements and our products have adhered to the Ecocert principles for many years prior. The certification now gives our customers the peace of mind that we walk the talk,’ says Bruce Moore-Gordon, owner of Pure Beginnings.
Ecocert’s organic standards guarantee that:
- at least 95 per cent of the total ingredients are from natural origin (water included)
- at least 10 per cent of the total ingredients are from organic farming (water included)
- at least 95 per cent of the total plant-based ingredients are organic.
It also ensures that certain ingredients are excluded, such as products of petrochemical origin like paraffin or silicone, ethoxylated or glycolated products (PEG for example) and the majority of synthetic preservatives including formaldehyde releasing ingredients, parabens and phenoxyethanol.
The certified products from the Organic Baby line include:
- Soothing Baby Lotion with organic baobab
- Soothing Baby Wash & Shampoo with organic baobab
- Fragrance Free Aqueous Cream with organic coconut oil
- Baby Bum Cream with organic baobab
- the Baby Gift Set.
The Organic Kids certified products include:
- Fun Time Bubble Bath with organic aloe
- Fun Time Kids Wash with organic rooibos
- Kids Hygiene Hand Wash.