A first of its kind in Africa, siFramo is a non welded support system that saves time, money and labour. 15 years ago, Sikla pioneered siFramo: a versatile, multifunctional, and high load-bearing modular steel support system. SiFramo is the only system with 1-Screw technology in the world and is now available in South Africa.
What is siFramo:
- siFramo is a non-welded steelwork support system for the modular construction of frames and structures. A first real alternative to welding.
- The system enables multidirectional connection possibilities without the need for through-bolts and back-plates.
- The connection method is simple, fast, reliable and safe. The entire system is certified according to international standards.
- The box section profiles have high torsional resistance and a fine adjustment capability for connecting members.
How is it assembled?
- siFramo is assembled via thread forming screws.
- The non-cutting cold-formed threads of the screw form their own threads into the pilot holes of the perforated siFramo profiles.
- The low thread forming torque and resulting high clamping force offers a superior process-reliable shake-proof fastening.
- The thread forming screws are removable and can be used again.
Reduced Overall Project Time
Detailed Design later possible and still adaptable
Cost and time advantages regarding transport (earlier or cheaper)
More economical (material, installation time, overall)
No skilled staff needed, possible to be built by one person
Material on stock
Fabrication can take place anywhere
Weight saving about 50%, hence less/no crane and less man power (costs)
Instant corrosion protection (HDG)
Static proof by RStab calculations
Adjustments and modifications easily possible
Reduced impact on the environment