The Pathos Delta is the result of Milestone’s 13 years of know-how in applying microwaves to tissue processing. The Pathos Delta provides the ideal combination of automatic processing performance, reagents efficiency and environmental sensitivity, with the morphology and quality histologists and pathologists expect.
The Pathos Delta allows the user the freedom to process according to the specific needs:
- Any type of specimen from 1mm to 10mm in thickness
- Up to 300 standard cassettes or up to 24 super mega cassettes
- Whole mount tissue slices (prostate/breast)
- Formalin or Formalin free fixation
- Xylene or xylene free clearing
- Conventional sequence of reagents or just ethanol/isopropanol
- Open systems. No proprietary reagents required
Ultra rapid microwave processing
Within this process, there is an option of using either the day or night mode:
Early in the day, the Pathos Delta would be used to complete processes on demand using microwave technology.
- Urgent specimen
- Small biopsies
Both these processes can be completed within 60-120 minutes. This operation covers 30-40% of the average lab workload. Specimens can be ready for embedding, cutting and staining, allowing for same day diagnostic reporting.
Any remaining specimen can be loaded into the unit later in the day, using the fixative of choice, and a delay start can be set. This allows the Pathos Delta to start processing the specimen in the pre-dawn hours, ready to be embedded, cut and stained at the beginning of the following work day.
The Pathos Delta can be set up to operate as a standard, conventional, resistance heated processor.
Highest standards of safety
- Built in Vapour exhaust system for the entire work area.
- Built-in charcoal/dust filter for standalone operation, plus exhaust tube to external fume hood.
- Transfer of cassette rack to and from processor with enclosed carrier.
- Audible alarms.
- Easy, safe removal of discarded wax.
Pathos Delta software
Pathos Delta software is the essence of simplicity. It is icon driven, smart and simple. It comprises a start-up main screen which displays the user’s favourite and most utilised programmes, as well as a reagent management system which controls the transfer and replacement of processing reagents.
Tel: (011) 892 4584
Cell: 083 785 6642
Fax: 086 269 5656